Thursday, May 20, 2010

Progress

Well.....its actually Day 11 of Atkins and I've lost 10.9 pounds as of just a few secs ago. I bet if I weigh myself in the morning, it will be even more. I can't believe I've lost a pound a day for the last 2 weeks. People at work are starting to notice it. One of the nicest people I know, Kim Young, tells me every day how she can see it in my face how skinny I'm getting it. I just love her!! I've made real progress with my workouts as well. I'm legpressing 130 pounds which better than most guys, but my real accomplishment is my cardio. I can't believe how far I've come. I'm working out twice a day for an hour each time and its really showing. I'm able to run on the elliptical machine as long as I want. I can't wait to start running on the treadmill again as soon as I get some new high-tech shoes. Then in the Fall, I should be ready to start running outside. Unfortunately, I'm still at pretty much my max heart rate, 190, throughout my entire workout, but I don't care. I'm going to keep pushing hard. I feel good the whole time I'm running. My breaths are slow and controlled. My heart rate is returning to resting heart rate faster after a work out. My heart and lungs are getting stronger every day and my body is shaping up fast. I'm determined to stick with it. I'm going on a cruise in October and I'm DEFINITELY going in a skimpy bikini.

And by the way, mom, since you're my only follower :).....keep posting comments. It really does help me along and I'm going to blog more often about progress.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! 11 pounds in 11 days?!?!? That's pretty amazing! Craig & I were discussing how good you looked on Easter. You may not see it because you see yourself everyday, but to those of us who see you once in a while, you are really looking great.

    I'm sure it also shows in you attitude too! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete