Saturday, November 14, 2009

WOW! What a long time!

Its apparently been a long time since I blogged on here. I swear its not my fault! My computer got a virus and I have extremely limited internet access. So.....as far as a quick update......things are going well. I have a workout buddy at work. We go to the gym on lunch breaks. We've been every day last week and plan to keep it up. We've been doing about 15 to 20 mins of cardio, 15 to 20 mins of weights and 5 minutes for a little abs and stretching. Its not much but its a start for sure. I'm also going strong on Atkins. At this beginning of the week, I was at 209, I'm already down to 205. I can't quite seem to break that 200 barrier but I'll get there. I really want to hit that first goal by my birthday. That only gives me a few weeks so I need to stay focused.

I've been going back and forth about what to do about my diet for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Giving up all the wonderful cakes and pies and cookies is going to be sooo hard, not to mention giving up mashed potatoes. I'm trying to stay focused to work my way through it. I keep remembering about this spring when I was doing so well, and I had lost about 30 or 35 pounds. I decided to go off of my diet for a camping trip and I wanted to be able to have s'mores. Well...the thing about Atkins is that its super easy to stay on but its hard as hell to get started. After that, I never really was able to get started again. So now I've spent all summer fat....and for what??? A s'more???? It was not worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment